Rank for the Commuity Services Chair? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

StJohnOnline.ca / CadetsOnline.ca » Active Discussions - Patient Care Focus » Rank for the Commuity Services Chair? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Nayduk
Username: John_nayduk

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I certainly donít want to kick a hornetís nest here or anything but I have a question (actually a few) regarding rank and positions within St John Ambulance.
I noticed in the Uniform Review part of this site that the officer ranks are a little confusing. I see that there is the two pip (star) divisional officer rank. In Windsor, we use a 1 pip rank for those members who have taken on the responsibilities of an officer but we use this as a provisionary rank. After a year or so, once they have proved them selves, they get the second pip and become a divisional officer.
Why is there no rank (any more) with just the crown? Having said that, I saw at least one in Ottawa during the investiture ceremony (this gentleman and I helped a sweet VAD lady lay a wreathe at the National War Memorial). You can see him in the last picture on this page http://www.sja.ca/Canada/Events/Pages/NationalServiceofRemem brance.aspx
Now that the RCSC position has gone away and the Community Services Chair has taken over that role, does that person also wear the rank that was once worn by the RCSC? Likewise, during a conversation with a highly placed individual from Council, he told me that the Corp Superintendent has been replaced by the Community Services Chair at the Branch level (I was asking because we were exploring the idea of reinstating the Windsor Corp). I know that our friends up the road in London have a Corp Superintendent and a Community Services Chair.
If you look at the pictures from the Investiture, (http://13004.vws.magma.ca/stjohn/ ) you see a lot of people wearing rank. Does each province use (and omit) whatever rank they see fit or is there a national standard?
Please help, Iím confused.

Pierre Lefebvre-Superintendant
Username: Division1038

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many things are confused right now in St-John,many things...

John Nayduk
Username: John_nayduk

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 04:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Care to elaborate?

melanie smith
Username: Smith11003

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John

I have a previous member of yours registered in Pembroke, I am sure you know her well can you provide me via email at stjohn85@cogeco.ca information regarding previous hours of service so I can apply for the appropriate awards for her. Kat is very helpful and I want to ensure that she receives her awards.. thanks.. also her registration date for her years of service would be great as well and if you have the time... I need the renewal number off of her A-MFR from this year that she did with Windsor.. thanks Melanie

Michael Simpson, SBStJ
Username: Mdsimpso

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 04:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe the CSC is a board appointed position and has no rank in the CSU.

Cheers :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration