Guelph Campus Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

StJohnOnline.ca / CadetsOnline.ca » Active Discussions - Campus Response Teams » Guelph Campus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ryan
Username: Goldensforlife

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just wondering if there are campus responce teams on the university of Guelph campus.
any info is helpful
thanks

Melissa Yingbull
Username: Mying

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes there is.

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~frt/

Catherine Di Cesare
Username: Catherine

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Ryan,

Just a bit curious why you're askin' about Guelph - are you a student here? Or going to be?

~Catherine

Ryan
Intermediate Member
Username: Goldensforlife

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was considering going to gueplh. I was just curious to know if i'd be able to continue with st. john's while i was in residence.

Paul W. J. Irwin
Username: Pirwin

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While at Guelph, you may not be able to do anything with St. John's, but if you would choose to give some of your time to St. John, I think the Campus Response Team would love to have you.

Just remind folks that use of the "'s" in the organization name is a hanging offense or 50 lashes, both using a wet noodle... :D ...so you have been slimed!

Seriously, make the arrangements for participation while in rez. Email them at frt@uoguelph.ca and ask for information, and see their link in a message just above in this thread.

;-) "BE GOOD ALL DAY"
Paul

Catherine Di Cesare
Intermediate Member
Username: Catherine

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey John,

Guelph has a Campus Response team on-campus as well as a Patient Care Unit off campus, and both are very well-renowned. The on-campus team has shifts that go from 5pm to 8pm (or something like that) and 24 hours on the weekend, and respond to emergencies on-campus. It is *very* competitive to get on (I don't know the exact numbers but they always get a LOT more applicants than they can handle, and usually there are tears of those who don't get on), but having SJA experiance would for sure help you.

The Off-campus Patient Care unit is also quite competitive and has a very high reputation. This fall they had a recruiting drive and got about 60 applications - they could only take half because of the capacity of the building!
They have a really good reputation with local emergency services, and have even done some Search and Rescue training with our local police department.

And of course, there's the Guelph Cadet division that is always looking for people to take on officer-roles (I'm the Cadet DS).

Catherine

Michael Young
Username: Myoung

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried out for the Campus responce team while at Guelph, and didn't make it. So i eventually went to the off-campus patient care division #220. They are a great group of people. All it takes is a short bus ride on the #6 bus from downtown.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration