Promotion letter Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

StJohnOnline.ca / CadetsOnline.ca » Active Discussions - Youth Focus » Discussion Archive » Promotion letter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ryan
Intermediate Member
Username: Goldensforlife

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone help me?
I am looking for something to help me with writing a request for promotion letter. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Lana H
Username: Ldh

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you looking to promote your division or are you requesting a promotion within your division?

Justin Baumgardner
Intermediate Member
Username: Justin622

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello there anyone know of any officer positions in the Central Area?

Ryan
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am requesting a promotion within my division. And no i don't know of any sorry Justin.

Justin Baumgardner
Intermediate Member
Username: Justin622

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is your Division Ryan?

Ryan
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YO835 - Ajax/Pickering cadets

Lana H
Username: Ldh

Post Number: 122
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you moving again Justin?(lol)

Ryan - if there is an opening that you are aware of - a politely worded letter something like "It is my understanding that the position of ABC is currently open in our division. I would like to respectfully submit my name for consideration for this post." and then continue with what qualifications and experience that you have and why you feel that you'd be suitable for this job - basically a resume. If there is no actual post available and you'd just like more responsibility and a title you could consider perhaps an NCO position (or the creation of one if it doesn't exist and your numbers warrant), again you'll want to sell yourself. Submit this to your DS who might in turn need to send it up the chain of command and see how it goes from there.

Hope that helps.

Ryan
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great thanks!

Hal Rowan
Username: Hrowan

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my Division we have NCO Candidates. To be considered for that position they must write a letter of no less than 500 words answering the questions: What is your definition of an NCO?, What have you done or what qualities do you have that would make you a good NCO?, and What would you do differently as an NCO in our Division if you were promoted?

If the letter is accepted they then must perform smaller tasks that are normally completed by one of the Divisions Corporals (weekly phone calls, submit lesson plans, teach sessions, etc). They are overseen by a Corporal who is responsible for their performance. They are not permitted to be promoted until after they have taken an NCO Course, and been an NCO Candidate for six months.

The process is basically the same for each new promotion they want, only the number of words in their letter increase by 500, and the tasks performed become more difficult.

Every Division runs differently, but by the time one of my NCOs is promoted, they really have earned it.

Good luck Ryan! I hope to see you at our next NCO Course!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration