Our New Provincial Office
15 Toronto Street, 8th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5C 2E3

NCO COURSE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

StJohnOnline.ca / CadetsOnline.ca » Active Discussions - Youth Focus » Discussion Archive » NCO COURSE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hal Rowan
Username: Hrowan

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Register NOW for the next NCO/ Youth Leadership Course hosted by the Oshawa Youth Unit! Space is limited and registration will be given on a first come, first served basis.

This leadership camp will be on 21,22,23.JL.06. Details are in the attachments.

You will learn conflict resolution, lesson planning, drill instruction, team building and more! You will also earn your Public Speaking and Leadership Proficiencies, all while going to camp! If you are not interested in becoming an NCO this course could still be of use to you. Check out the attachments.

For the last four years I have run this course locally. We will have limited space available for other Units this year so if you are interested register now!

For more information contact me at ds.y0696@on.sja.ca

application/mswordNCO COURSE APPLICATION
NCOLDP APPLICATION 2006.doc (43.5 k)

application/mswordNCO Course Registration Letter
NCOLDP REGISTRATION LETTER.doc (29.7 k)

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To speed things along, please fill out the Medical Form in advance as well.

application/pdfMEDICAL FORM
medical_form.pdf (19.6 k)

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are only a couple of months left to go! I have quite a few Cadets who are signing up who aren't really interested in becoming an NCO right now, but do want to polish off two Proficiencies quickly. This is a great way to get your members energized to take initiative in their home units.
Anyone interested in signing up, please feel free to contact me.

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have a good sized group attending now. If anyone is interested, there is still space available.

Remember, that part of this is a course. Your Unit may, therefore decide to pay for a portion of this from your budget, and the remainder would be paid for by the person attending (maybe a 70/30 split).

For everyone else, I'll see you there!

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The pre-course workbooks have now been emailed out. If you have not received your copy then please contact your Unit Officers to obtain yours.

If your Unit Officers are unable to send you a copy in the next three days, then send me an email and I'll forward you a copy directly.

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 116
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 09:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to everyone who survived the NCO Course! Long days (and longer nights) but everyone showed huge improvement by the final day. It was great to see how well everyone dived right into all of the tasks assigned. Great work!

Special thanks to Jamie from the Whitby Youth Unit for giving up his weekend to help run the course! And to Linnea for helping with the kitchen (otherwise we would have been eating freeze dried rations for the whole weekend instead of just one meal!).

Jake and Krystle
Username: Jakekrystle

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will this course be offered next summer? If so is it always held in July?

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 117
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have offered this course every year for the last four years, and I believe it has always been in July.

I will try to wait for the posting for Rally before I set a date for July 2007 so that I can make sure there is at least one free weekend in between the two dates. It will be posted here though, no later than January.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration