Our New Provincial Office
15 Toronto Street, 8th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5C 2E3

Fundraising Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

StJohnOnline.ca / CadetsOnline.ca » Active Discussions - Youth Focus » Fundraising « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hal Rowan
Username: Hrowan

Post Number: 185
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had the opportunity this year to sit on the Loblaw "After School Grant" committee. I noticed that there were no applications (at least in the Ontario region) from SJA Youth Units. I thought I should share this grant opportunity online with you. Grant applications are grouped by region and are awarded coast to coast in Canada.

The maximum amount of the grant request is $5000. Weight would be added to an application that specifically states how the funds are used. So saying that you are applying for the maximum payout of $5000 without more information could hurt your application, whereas a request of $3200 to purchase more gym time would advance your application ($160/week X 20 weeks). You need to explain how your Unit meets criteria that Loblaw might lend weight to: Youth exercise, healthy eating, obesity reduction, etc.
This could be through some of the Proficiencies in your manual such as Physical Fitness, Cooking and Nutritian, etc. Loblaw is also a big environmental supporter so if you assist with Earth Day activities you may wish to include that as well.

The Grant application period is in April, so although you are too late for this year, you can include it as a possible addition to next years budget.

Feel free to contact me for more information.

Cheers!

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 186
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2011 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I forgot to post where to obtain the application! The contact name is Nicole Donaldson, Coordinator of Community Investment. She can be reached at nicole.donaldson@loblaw.ca or (905) 459-2700 ext: 615503. Ms Donaldson may have a formal package that is available as well. Make sure your Branch is involved in the application process (they have the expertise to get it through all the hurdles).

This might be a good topic for Ontario Council to put out to the Branches in one of their circulations.

Cheers!

Hal Rowan

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 06:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi again!

I have attached the donation information from www.loblaw.ca to this message. You might even be able to approach local stores to offset costs of food to AGMs, First Aid Competitions or camps. Speak to your Branch so that they can make sure the paperwork is current and has the best chance of getting through.

Round One of the After School Grant has completed. However, there is a round two coming up! You can apply at the beginning of August for Round Two. Make sure your Branch is aware of it and to contact the email listed in the previous post to get an updated application. The one I attached below is just for reference so that you know what kind of information they will be asking for.

Good Luck!

application/pdfLCL Corporate Donations
Corporate Donations_Loblaw.pdf (35.8 k)
application/pdfAfter School Grant Application_Round One
After School Grant Criteria_Round One 2011.pdf (22.0 k)
application/pdfStore Donations
Store Donations_LCL.pdf (34.5 k)
application/pdfStore Grant Application
StoreGrantRequestFormLCL_FINAL.pdf (27.0 k)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration